Friday, April 25, 2014

speed-post: imagery

Speed Post
a brief, hopefully pretty, description

       So here's the deal. It's 10:13 presently. We've been practicing my hair for prom (my mom's doing my hair). We're not done yet, but my mom said I needed to blog (I've established that I need to do my blogs tonight because obviously I won't be blogging tommorow night since I'll be at prom, until, like 4a.m. I guess, and the day's going to be mostly preparations, such as hair and nails, and dinner with my buddies and so on and so forth) and so she said that if I can have my first post done by 10:30 we can keep practicing my hair. Thus, being as it is now 10:15,  I am going to do a brief, quick post, just a pretty little description, that whatever-comes-to-mind classic style of writing I do so well. Usually the scenes I describe follow similar motifs, but I'm starting this one with a little inspiration from prom decorating tonight and where I'm going from there will probably head towards a motif. 10:18. Here goes. (K so I get a 2 minute bonus now because Mom asked me to check my e-mail for something. So it's now10:20 and I'm writing till 10:32)

         Her feet skimmed lightly across the star-laden floor. The soft pinpoints of silver on the deep grey sky-ground floated and drifted in swirling patterns as she twirled and lept about atop the surface of the fathomless space. She jumped into the sky that was above the floor, a fine train of stars flying after her like a veil of silver, caught mystically in some indescirnable jet stream left behind her graceful bounds. As she jumped she twirled, and as she twirled the stars spun around her like a tornado-cloud orbiting her dancing form. She hovered in her dancing leap longer than was thought possible by most, until it became clear that she was flying in some way and no longer merely dancing. The minute star-glows shown brighter as they spun more and more fiercely about her, transforming from a fanciful train into a mystical vortex of whitening light. Suddenly they flashed blindingly, and in the sheer whiteness the grey star-floor of the place where she had been dancing was gone, and she lighted in a verdant grove in the midst of Lothlórien (woops this just became fanfiction I guess). The simple dress she had worn hitherto morphed into a glimmering gown elven-fair as she stared, mystified, at the glorious forest all about her, grand, arching limbs of the immense trees overarching her laden with white spring flowers that filled the air with a luxilliquant scent.

        Beyond the violet mist, we hope we've made something pretty, for now we must needs go practice fancying our hair, and shall return to the lande thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment