Saturday, April 19, 2014

Renouncement

Renouncing

        Remember that post a couple weeks ago when I announced that I was going to start trying to do my blog posts earlier in the week to save more time for working on my short story, The Curse of Lake Avgir Lys, that I'm hoping to possibly publish? I have since realized a huge flaw in my logic: when I start my posts earlier in the week, it means I spend more time on them, not less. It's a part of my natural tendency to fill whatever time I have, I think. I mean, at some point there is a limit, and there's also a minimum, but with most things, I think that I can spend so long on them doing them fully and completely, especially with blog posts, where I can ramble on about my ideas almost perpetually, that I almost always have to cut them off at some point, and so if I have longer to spend working on them, that's just longer until they get cut off, and so while the post may be rather nicer if I start sooner, it's just going to take up more of my time. Likewise, I need a certain bare minimum of time, but usually, a few hours of evening for all three blog posts meets the cut. Though, regrettably, I do sometimes go a little past midnight. I like spending time on my blog posts, I really do, but as far as goal-setting goes, if my goal is to have more time to work on things other than my blog posts, it's better that I continue my late-at-night Saturday format. It may not seem like a good idea, but it just fits in with my life better. I am a procrastinator, but in some respects, it works for me. 
        Take, for example, my prom dress. Prom is next Saturday (already!!!). We bought my dress yesterday. I think most girls in my school have had their dresses for months. But you know what? The dress I chose was on sale for half price now, and it wasn't months ago. It would've been over the budget my mom sat if it hadn't been half price, but it was half price, and so I got it. Sometimes, not always but sometimes, procrastinating pays off. 
        But it's just the natural way I work. It would be cool if we had a just-blogging class, but that's not what this is, and I'm actually behind on my creative writing pieces, too. So I have a lot of writing in my life to do, and this post might be a lot longer, but the hour of the night reminds me that that's not really necessary, and that's actually probably a good thing. 
         In the Lande beyond the violet mist, procrastination is utilized as an advantageous trait, and hopefully it shall benefit us as we plow onward on our quests to becoming authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment