Saturday, March 15, 2014

friending

Making a Friend

        I made a friend at state speech today. It was really a great feeling. For time purposes, I shall now give you the tale in brief. Basically, I was waiting to go in to do my storytelling, and another girl was too, and she asked what my story was, and I told her it was from the Lord of the Rings and it was about Elves and she just looked at me in awe, which made me feel really good. Her storytelling was right before mine and she watched mine though I really couldn't watch hers, unfortunately. But after she watched mine, she came out in the hall and actually hugged me and told me she was sure I'd go to all state (as it turned out I got two II's and a I, which, to get to all state, you basically have to not only get all I's but also have the special reccomendation of the judges) but anyways she was really nice and supportive. We hung out and chatted a little more later. She was a lot of fun and she was really big on hugs, which was nice. It also reminded and re-motivated me to make a facebook so I can friend her. I shall do that at some point. 
     Beyond the violet mist today, we cherished the happy presence of a new friend. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Violet. I'm glad you met someone you connected with.

    ReplyDelete