Saturday, March 22, 2014

follow-up: insanely good music

Songs about Insanity
continued

        Just last week, I did a blog post on some of the best songs about insanity I know, and just now, in the shower, I thought of a song, and I went, oh, I should've had that one in my post! Of course, I'm sure I'll still think of plenty more as time goes on, but I just decided to throw this one on here. I suppose I could just edit my original post and throw this one onto it, but this way it can also be another post (in the now-classic tradition of late-at-night-Saturday-blogging) and I know this will be quicker than the post on Divergent I've started, so I'll finish that one next week and use this one for this week. 
        So, what is this song I thought of while in the shower? It's "No Rain" by Blind Melon. 

from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL6tB_0ZJtw
The first line of this song that always comes into my head is that bit, as displayed in above screenshot, where it goes, "it's not sa-ane, it's not saaa-aaa-ane", and so obviously that's about insanity, or, well, not being sane. It's very catchy, too--the line is catchy, and the song as a whole is. This song does have a light, airy, happily insane feel to it, too. It's definitely about insanity much more than it's about the lack of rain. There's another video of it, too, the one that's the actual music video of it, and it further conveys the themes of insanity in this song. I decided to take my screenshot of the lyrics, but here's the link to the music video version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58. This kind of insanity is perhaps more related to the kind I explored in my literary program, which is basically like a different-from-societal-norms type of insanity. Really, there's all kinds of insanity, and the songs from my original blog post cover quite a few of them. I should do another blog post on the varieties of insanity, actually. But yeah, this is a very good song about insanity. 

Upon occasion, there are tap-dancing bumblebees beyond the violet mist (which is either a reference to the music video for this song or evidence of insanity, or perhaps both.)

No comments:

Post a Comment