Monday, December 19, 2011

Silhouettes and Shadow Puppets
The very last photo, and post, of this class. I feel deeply sad. :'( I need a better word than sad. To the Thesaurus! hmm... let's try poignant. That sounds good. "Poignant". I feel 'poignant'. Anyways, here it is, my silhouette photo. I decided to make shadow puppets for this  assignment, the silhouettes of my hands via light. This particular picture was taken using my timer with the camera on a dresser. I chose this picture because I like the bird I made with my hands, and it turned out better than some. I like how you can see my hands making the shadow, and the angle of the hands and the shadow to one another. I ran the sharpen function of my action, flattened it, and made a new layer, where I did some brushing. I fixed a problem on my sweater sleeves, and then I tried to darken m shadow so it would show up clearer, using a dark brush. This is where some problems arose. I had a lot of trouble making my brushing smooth and even in the hands, and I got it pretty good, but it looks as though it's been drawn in. Which it has been drawn on, but it was there before. Also, it smudged into the background some, so I tried to clean that up with a light brush, but it made the background too light and left lines there. It looks sort of like pencil and eraser marks that have smudged. That is definitely something I would have liked to improve. Also, the shadow looks a little disjointed at my right thumb due to my brushing. I like the way my non-silhouette hands look so smooth, though, and I like the flying feeling of the photo. This may be the end of digital camera, but not of my blog. I will try to still post things, though they will not be as regular or often. It's been great blogging a' vous, tout le monde! Au revoir, pour maintenant! The people of the violet mist will return, but for now, we must take flight on the wings of a shadow and vanish into the violet mists' depths.  

(I commented on brian's)

No comments:

Post a Comment