Friday, December 9, 2011

Oil on the Water
Cette semaine, dans la classe 'le camera digital', nous avons prende' les photos du "oil on water". Actually, we put oil, water, and watercolor paint in a glass bowl, which we sat atop fabric. I chose this picture because I loved the colors, and the particular wisp I caught floating off the top. Also, I liked the warmth and the angle. I ran the coffeeshop actions, and under color pop I did the triple shot. In the end, I love the rich, vivid color, and the bright, popping warmth. I also like how it is cropped to be in the bottom corner, and the flowing feeling of the pigments in the bowl. It makes me feel like I'm in some sort of foreign spice market across the world, what with the bold orange fabric and glowing magenta waters in a fine glass bowl. . Something I could've improved on is oil presence; it was hard to see the oil before I ran the action, and my magnification of the colors only made it more vague. There is one good spot in the glare, (which I also dislike in itself,) but it is tiny. Bold colors from a foreign land have spilled into our lands, here beyond the violet mist.

(I commented on Tayler's)

1 comment:

  1. L'interaction de motifs et de couleurs est intéressant.

    Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia

    ReplyDelete