Thursday, December 1, 2011



Architecture and its Environment
This week, our theme was Architecture and its Environment. I meant to make it to town and take some pictures of buildings there, but I ran out of time so took some pictures around the house. This picture does not have the most architecture involved, but I thought it turned out really cool. It shows some of the wood framing our picture window, both architectural details. It also features our Christmas tree we just got out, a branch up close and its reflection in the window. I love the colors of this picture and chose it because it just generally appeals to me. I cropped it in respect to the rule of thirds--originally the tree's reflection was smack dab center, but I cropped it so it would be in the upper right-hand corner. I ran Forf's HDR normal. (technically, I ran all of them, but this is the one I liked best--it made the colors nice and rich but not too rich and oversaturated.) I love the colors and the depth of my photo--the branch in front and the reflection in back make it really neat. I like that I followed the rule of thirds, and it does work well in this picture. I would improve my 'architecture content'--I quite simply ought to include more architecture. Beyond the violet mist, the Christmas tree has come out and the decorating is begun.

(I commented on Martina's)

No comments:

Post a Comment