Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lightway to Light
The name of this picture is taken from a quote in the movie Anne of Green Gables, when Anne is first riding to Green Gables and they go through the pretty little forest of trees, which are covered in delicate white spring flowers blooming. It is officially named 'the avenue' but Anne does not think this is fitting for such a beautiful place, and suggests wonderingly it should be called, "Lightway to Light". Being as we took pictures of light this week in digital camera, I thought of this scene and decided to title my picture thus. To take pictures of light, we turned the shutter speed on a camera very slow, went in a dark closet, and used flashlights. To color my flashlight, I put various sheets of tissue paper over it. Here, I tried to draw a V, let's say for vivi, inside a flower. It didn't come out so clear cut, and I like that. It became an abstract, swirling shape. I think it looks really cool, and that is why I chose it. When it came time for actions, I cropped it to the edge and ran the color correct from my action, and I increased the red and some blue, and I think I turned up the saturation. I think that is all I did, but I cannot remember for certain. One thing I like that the action did is it made the lit area sort of puffy. It gives it a soft, fuzzy, flowing feel. One thing I might improve is that the left side of the V is more white because I lingered too long, and if I'd moved faster it would be more purpley-pink. Also, around that spot, the black is lighter, and it sort of disturbs the contrast of the picture and weakens the vividness slightly of the light. Light fairies danced behind the lens this week beyond the violet mist.

(I commented on someone named klimensh's)

1 comment:

  1. Good picture! I really like how you used color in it. I think it makes the picture look better. Wish I could have had some color in mine too.

    ReplyDelete