Monday, December 12, 2011

Store Window?
This week, I went crazy with our store window pic. You (Mrs. Riehle) told us we could go crazy with these, so I did. And I have to say, I think it looks pretty awesome. I took pictures of my hat through a glass bowl, which was blue, being as I didn't get to town to take a picture, so I made my own little hat shop. Originally, I chose this picture because I liked the angle I took it at and the blue color of the bowl, which showed the faintest purple on the hat. I cropped it, putting the hat in the upper right corner. I proceeded to run my action, tampering with the color curves to the extreme, turning up the red and blue and down the green. Also on my action, I turned the sharpen layer up to the highest pixel degree thing, which gave my image a neat pressed-grainy look. I did not mess with the dodge and burn. Then, I ran ashley's clean, but I turned off everything except the hue/saturation adjuster. I continued and put the saturation at its highest, then flattened my image. Then I felt the urge to add a texture. I got a neat fabric one, and put it on. I turned it to soft light, but, unsatisfied, I turned my background into a smart layer so I could take down its opacity to show the fabric better. And finally, it came to look like this. I love the final look of my picture, the fabric's soft flowing over it, the amazing bright colors, the motion of the angle, and the general magical feel of my picture. I probably should've taken an actual picture of an actual store window, but this, I feel, is a pretty awesome picture. Also, it doesn't look as good against my blog's purple background--it shows much more vividly and uniquely on a white background, but one picture is not reason enough to change my blog's awesome background. I recommend to viewers that they copy-paste my picture into word or something to see it better. This is what our hatters' shoppes look like beyond the veil of the violet mist.

(I commented on Heather's)

No comments:

Post a Comment