Monday, October 3, 2011

Lines and Texture

Lines weave our world. Look around you. You are seeing in lines. There is not a single thing that does not have an outline and defining lines. This week we explored some of the most vivid lines around. Then we added texture. Just as lines can make texture, texture can add to lines. This is my best of three, a close-up of a rug in the school entryway. I ran Ashley's nice& easy and increased contrast, then put it in black and white. I used three textures, my favorite of which was 'writing on parchment'. I think this one quite simply looks the coolest, and I like the warmth my textures added. Beyond the violet mist, we can see in lines and see lines in textures. 

(I commented on Tayler's)


1 comment:

  1. You always post the best blog posts. Keep up the good work! Make sure you are commenting on other peoples photos.

    ReplyDelete