Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Les Oeuffs avec les Chattes
   'Les oeuffs' is french for 'the eggs', which is just what we photographed this week. As to 'les chattes', my picture also features a kitten-themed spoon rest and my necklace. I used the actions I created, color corrected because my picture was a little too blue, added a slight vignette and used sharpen, although I did not use my dodge and burn. Also, I used coffeeshop bakery glazes 2's vanilla glaze. I chose this picture because I like the perspective and how my focus is not in the center, but instead is more of an upside-down U composition, it came out crisp, and especially because I like the things my eggs are with. Like I said, it was a little too blue, but I fixed that with color correction, although the 'glaze' added some back. I might have improved my light/dark balance some, but I really like the softness of the photo. Eggs may seem like a quite simple subject, but because of that they are open to a variety of things you can do with them. Beyond the violet mist this week, we explored the possibilities.

I commented on Travis'.

No comments:

Post a Comment