Saturday, May 10, 2014

Words Follow-up

Les Mots Encore
~I finally explain those words I promised to in the last post~

        All right, last week I made a post saying I was going to talk about some words I made up that I've been using on my blog (and ones I haven't been using, too) but then I got caught up in all my explaining and was suddenly out of time and had to post, and so no words were actually defined. Thus, this time I'm going to jump ahead to defining words, since it's already after midnight. 

          Luxilliquant--this is probably the word of my own invention I've used most on my blog. It's my own word for a step above luxurious. I thought it up and thought it just sounded even fancier than luxurious, and more... well, luxilliquant. I know, one oughtn't use a word in it's own definition. But basically, I conceive of luxilliquant as including ornateness and the very pinnacle of luxury and elegance, and ultimate fancieness and depth and the best of the best. Is it really a nessecary word to add to the English language? Probably not. But it would make the language more luxilliquant.

        Thrairilous--as thin as air (metaphorically). This one has a simpler definition than luxilliquant, simply because it originated from its definition more so. You see, I was thinking about words, and I was just thinking "I can make words up out of thin air. I should make one up now. Hm. Thin air. Thin as air. Thrairilous." because thinairilous doesn't sound good or like a word, but thrairilous just came to my mind naturally as sounding elegant and right. Sometimes words just sound right to me. I've been making up words for quite a long time. Thrairilous sounds to me as if it would be quite useful for describing things like a very thin, gauzy fabric on the sleeves of a gown or something--her sleeves were thrairilous as the moonlight shone through them, and when she spoke her voice was like mist on the air. ("her voice was like mist on the air" is actually a sentence from my writer's notebook--which is where I write random things, such as cool-sounding sentences, phrases, and, as it so happens, words I make up). I just think that sounds like a beautiful sentence.

       You know, at the moment, I'm finding it hard to think up more words I've invented that I could define here. I could go get my notebook, but I'm sitting here in bed and it's actually quite cozy and I don't really want to get up until I have to. So, you know, for now I think I'll just post this. I'm quite fond of my invented words--the other day I actually googled them and I was proud to find that my blog is the only result for both of them. I am expanding the bounds of the English language. But I mean, come on, think about defenestration. That must have been a totally random word whenever it was thought up, but now it's the most epic word for throwing a thing or person out of a window that there is.

Beyond the violet mist, the Queen's ballgown is as luxilliquant as a faeries, with the most thrairilous of sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment