Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hubcaps and Taillights
Today in our digital camera explorations, we took pictures of hubcaps and taillights. I chose this picture because I like the angle, the shininess of the wheel, and the fact that the weight is in the bottom right corner so it applies to the rule of thirds. I used the butterfly action from under Nelly Nero's timecapsule set, and took off the 'lighten shadows' feature, which gave it better contrast, which is helped aid in showing the shiny reflectiveness of the wheel. I ran my action's color correction, because I felt the picture turned out a little too blue, and I took some blue off. However, I now think I took a little too much blue off in an overreaction, and that my picture is now somewhat too yellow, which I dislike. I do sort of like that you can, if you look closely, see my camera in the picture (once more clearly; the second time, it's very distorted, but still there), and even in the distance a tree, as well as another car and parking lines, which I think is fun and I feel these 'hidden items' add visual interest. Just in general, I think this is a visually interesting, up-close picture of a hubcap that has a cool effect. Despite its mildly over-yellow coloration, I think it turned out fairly well, and the yellowness does sort of give a 'vintage' effect. Actually, looking at it today, it looks a lot less yellow. Beyond the violet mist, we have vintage butterfly chrome.

(I commented on Martina's)

No comments:

Post a Comment