Monday, November 21, 2011

A Good Night's Rest
seeing the details
You know those mornings when you wake up and look at your arm, and it is covered in wavy imprints from the sheets in the night? My detail portrait is derived from one of those nights. I woke up in the hotel and looked at my arm and my brain went, "This is the perfect picture for my digital camera detail portrait."  So I got my camera, posed my arm on the still-cozy-warm pillow, and took a few shots. I chose this picture because it is the one where my markings showed up best, and I liked the gentle morning lighting, pale, soft colors, and the angle of my arm and hand. I ran Ashley's clean actions but took off the background copy because it made my skin look too sharp and weird. From the '50 postwork actions' folder, I ran ghost glow because it maintained the soft paleness of the photo and the sort of tranquil, clean feeling. Another action I tried and liked was Argenta 1, but I decided it made my photo too yellow-pinkish and chose this one instead, as it also kept the original mood where the Argenta action changed it. I still really like the soft, calm feel my photo has. If it had more colors, it might be more interesting, but it would lose the mood of calm. Perhaps I should have done something to make the lines on my arm clearer, but it is hard to do that without doing too much. Beyond the violet mist, we got a good night's rest and saw the benefits. 

(I commented on Martina's)

2 comments:

  1. I really like this picture because the background makes your arm stick out a lot. I also like how you can really see the prints in your arm too. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this picture a lot because it is very original! The background is very cool because it makes your arm stand out! I also like the angle that you took it from, and that it shows the marks on your arm! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete