Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hands
This week in digital camera, we looked at hands. It was such a wide-open topic, I had to think about what I enjoyed using my hands for. One of my favorite activities with my hands is holding a book-so as to read it... or just to hold it. A well-sized book feels comfortable in my hands. I chose this picture because it expresses my love for books with my hands. I like how it turned out. It just generally achieves the visual feel I wanted. I used coffeeshop vivid first and turned on 'soft', and then of course I used moody pop. I really like how vivid's soft and moody pop worked together, the smooth effect of softness that comes from them. I might have improved the angle of the subject--it is slightly tilted but not enough to create an effect--by either tilting it more, which I think would be the best, or by not tilting the camera at all. However, the camera here was not tilted intentionally- it was propped up and on timer as these are my own hands. Both of them. Also, perhaps my shadows are a nidge too dark, but then again I like the contrast. Beyond the violet mist, we used our hands to signify appreciation for a good book. 
(I commented on Livy's)

No comments:

Post a Comment